Virtual Cocktail Making Date Night
Nobody wants to be alone over Christmas and with the on-going coronavirus lockdowns, it makes dating a little more difficult to do safely.
Some people have taken to going “in” for a meal, where each person orders a takeaway from Just Eat or Deliveroo to each other’s homes – an interesting idea we thought, so we spoke to Chris Pleines from Dating Scout to get some tips for online dating.
Never share details like your home address and bank details. In online dating, you should be very wary of the people you meet—even if it is someone you have been talking to for the longest time. Some people do everything they want to lure you into their trap and do illegal things using your identity. Others, using your personal and bank information can make purchases under your name. In online language, don’t doxx yourself!
If it sounds too good to be true, chances are, it is
Anyone can say anything on their profiles, and not many online dating sites or apps have the resources (or even the means) to verify every information. So as an added security layer, you should be able to discern whether someone is telling the truth or not on their profiles.
Say no to suspicious links
One of the infamous phishing techniques is by sending an unsuspecting victim a link. Once you click this, you’re somehow forwarded elsewhere—the next thing you know, the scammer already accessed your email, password, linked accounts and other pertinent details. The moral of this story is always to be wary of suspicious attachments or links sent your way. Ask your match what it is all about and check the structure of the link itself. Is the site reputable? Did your match give you a detailed description of what the link is all about? If no and no, make sure you close that chat tab, keep an eye out on this particular user, and report if they send another link again.
Get over those first date nerves with some cocktails.
We cannot help with the cybersecurity risks, but we can help you go for a night “in” with your latest match without the need to share personal information or what the professionals call, “doxxing”.
We’ve hosted dozens of virtual cocktail making classes for every type of occasion so you can trust us to know what it takes to break down those awkward barriers.
You and your lucky date choose 2 cocktails each and we send both of you the ingredients & equipment to shake up all 4 cocktails.
Best of all, you don’t need to exchange payment information or even your home address with your match (we know there are plenty of catfishes and creeps out there!).
Then our professional mixologist will meet you on Zoom where we will shake up the cocktails, help you get to know each other and break the ice… literally.
How it works
- You and your date pick 2 cocktails each from our delicious menu below. 🍸
- You will be given an order number which your date supplies to us when they place their order and cocktail selection. 📋
- This means you don’t need to disclose any personal information to the other person and all your communications stay on the dating app until you are ready to shake things up. 🤫
- Prior to your scheduled date night, both of you will receive a package containing all the ingredients, garnishes and equipment required to shake up the cocktails. 📦
- On the day we will send you both a link to join the private Zoom class where our mixologist will guide you through making the drinks. 🎦
- Once the drinks are made, we will leave you alone to chat more and decide if you want to exchange numbers or just leave the meeting! 😬
You can’t choose fate, but you can choose your cocktails!