Let’s face it, speed dating is scary! Believe it or not, 50% of Britons have never asked anyone on a date. One of the biggest stressors when it comes to dating is knowing what to talk about, and avoiding those dreaded awkward silences.
Having some go-to conversation starters helps to ease speed dating tension. Plus, it provides a good opportunity to find out more about your date and have a bit of banter.
We have created a handy list of conversation starters for easy breezy chatting…
The Relaxed Icebreakers
- What is your go-to karaoke song?
- What was your most embarrassing childhood hobby?
- What are 5 unpopular opinions you have?
- You can only eat at one restaurant for the rest of your life – where would you choose?
- What is the worst pick-up line you have ever heard?
- What do you do in your free time?
- Are you reading any books right now?
- Where is the next place you would want to travel to?
- What is your favourite time of year and why?
- What is your favourite thing to do on a Sunday morning?
- What superpower would you like to have?
The Serious Icebreakers
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- Does your family have any traditions?
- Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If your friends could describe you in five words, what would they be?
- What would be your dream job?
- What could you one day be famous for?
- What are you proudest of?
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- Would you rather spend an evening watching a movie or partying?
- What is something that most people don’t know about you?
- Would you prefer time or money?
Icebreakers for When It’s Going Well
- What is your idea of a perfect date?
- If we could leave this event right now, what would you want to do?
- How will you remember me?
- Do you prefer to call or text?
- What is your favourite romantic gesture?
- What do you think your best feature is?
You don’t want your speed date to become an interview, so let the chat flow without focussing too much on your next question. You can use these conversation starters if things get a little quiet, but make sure to listen to your date’s answers and engage with them throughout.
In speed dating, you only get a few minutes to, not only make a good impression, but to form an opinion of your date. Utilise your time and, most importantly, enjoy the experience!
We have teamed up with love experts Match Made in Scotland to bring speed dating to your screens with a twist – or shake! We will show you how to create 2 delicious and conversation-starting cocktails, then love maestros Match Made in Scotland will kick-off rounds of speed dating.
For more information and to book please visit: boozyevents.com/singles-cocktail-masterclass/