Join the Team
We are looking for people to join the team and fill various roles directly at Boozy Events and also Boozy Ventures LTD, the company behind Boozy Events.
This is probably as far from your regular 9-5 as it gets. If you are a quick thinker, love entertaining people and have an interest in cocktail making – keep reading. We have a well paid opportunity for you!
About Boozy Events
Boozy Events is an award winning business – in 2020 we have been recognised as the Drinks Business of The Year for North East of Scotland. We have shown exponential growth over the past few years and have now been providing our services to giant companies like Google, Coca-Cola, Under Armour, LEGO and many others. We have a young and vibrant team and we are looking to recruit some high calibre mixologists to keep building on our continued success. Boozy Events now operates globally, therefore only the sky is the limit! One of the reasons we are so good at what we do is because we treat our team fairly – we are an accredited living wage employer and have offered “work-where-you-like” even before COVID restrictions with our “office” team split between 4 countries.
About the Job
- Our mixologists run our world-class masterclasses from our professional studios, as well as satellite studios set up in their homes (all the high standard equipment is provided).
- We have strong levels of return clientele as our menu offering is forever evolving – our mixologists like to experiment and constantly come up with new treats for our customers. That being said the demand from new customers has also been booming and therefore our mixologists often have a very busy schedule and run the classes one after another.
- A million things can happen, but the show MUST. GO. ON. Each class is unique and may require different approach and efficient problem solving skills.
- Customers are in the absolute epicentre of everything we do – our classes are fun, interactive and are guaranteed to put smiles on our customers’ faces.
- Our mixologists are so much more than just “cocktail makers. For the night they are the stand up comedian, the birthday entertainer, the hype-person or whatever other shoes the theme of the class puts them in.
- Magnetic, charming, positively hype person who loves being in the spotlight. We do not expect you to fit into any “template” of a personality – each person is unique and will bring something different to the table.
- Ability to bond and build rapport with strangers – our mixologists become part of the group, join in on the inside jokes, make our customers feel appreciated and special.
- Quick thinker, self-driven problem solver. We do not micromanage as that is a waste of everybody’s time – our mixologists always do what’s right for the customer and keep the show going!
- Positive and open body language.
- Those unable to travel to our main studios will need a set up at their home and in such cases the successful candidates should have a space in their home available for the small bar and camera to be set up.
- Stable internet connection if you would be looking to work from home – ideally above 5mbps internet speed (We can help if you do not have, or think you may not have access to a suitable internet connection)
- Creative flair is a massive bonus – we love contributions from our mixologists and we always make sure to give them appropriate credit and rewards for helping us make our business better.
Not required, but certainly a bonus:
- Speak a different language, be available most Thursday – Saturday evenings
What we offer in return
- You will be paid on a “per event” basis with an amazing earning potential – our mixologists make up to £300/day on our peak days, which typically works out as £25-£30/hour average.
- All the business is provided – all you need to do is deliver those amazing classes and reap the rewards. This ain’t a pyramid scheme, you’re not expected to recruit other mixologists or upsell to customers!
- Full support to make sure you have everything you need to be amazing at what you do – we aim to empower!
- Training will be provided, we can teach you the knowledge and you will then be able to showcase your amazing personality to our customers by spicing the classes up with your own flare
- All equipment for the set up is also provided by us (the equipment will remain as Boozy Events property, but will be provided under a lease hire for just £1 for the entire duration. It will need to be well maintained for the full duration of our partnership and returned in the same condition.)
- Opportunities for growth and self-development – we are a rapidly growing company and we would love for you to grow with us!
- Great team socials and gatherings
How to apply
The recruitment process will most likely be 3 simple steps.
Step1: Email your CV (we would happily accept your LinkedIN and Instagram instead or alongside with your CV too!) and a 2 minutes long video of yourself telling us what is your favourite cocktail and why to email@example.com – we have no guidance for this video – we want you to simply be able to show your best side! You will need to either compress the file to be under 10MB in size or send us a link to the video instead. We mostly care about the delivery and not the content or quality of the video.
Step2: Phone interview – we want to chat and know more about you.
Step3: Final interview with our director Cammy Esson. We have an immediate demand for mixologists so we will be conducting interviews on a first-come basis.
What are you waiting for? We are excited and can’t wait to meet you!