Who doesn’t love a beer? Beer also makes a brilliant base for mixed drinks. We’ve created a handy list of beer inspired drinks to impress your friends with this National Beer Day!
A michelada is a spicy Mexican cocktail that’s a traditional hangover cure.
Serves 1 Takes 15 mins
- Pour the juice of 1 lime into a small bowl, then brush a little of the lime juice around the rim of a glass, tankard or tumbler.
- Tip 1 tbsp sea salt onto a plate, then carefully dip the rim of the tankard into the salt to coat it.
- Fill the glass with a handful of ice cubes then add 1 tbsp tequila and the remaining lime juice.
- Stir gently, then slowly pour in 330ml lager.
- Top with 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce, 2 drops of tabasco sauce and 1 pinch of black pepper, and garnish with a slice of lime.
- Raspberry Beer Mojito
A classic summertime cocktail with a twist!
Serves 2 Takes 5 mins
- Take two highball glasses and divide 1 chopped lime and 50ml spiced rum between them.
- Muddle them together with a muddle stick or the handle of a wooden spoon to relieve a little of the lime juice into the rum.
- Add ice then bruise a small bunch of mint leaves by holding them in the palm of one hand and hitting them with the other like a clap.
- Sprinkle the mint leaves into the glasses, then divide 330ml raspberry beer between them.
- Garnish with a few raspberries and serve.
- Beer Margarita
The Beer Margarita replaces the orange liqueur of a traditional margarita recipe with beer.
Serves 1 Takes 5 mins
- Optional: Cut a notch in a lime wedge, then run the lime around the rim of a glass. Dip the edge of the rim into a plate of flaky sea salt.
- Add 3 tablespoons of tequila, 2 tablespoons of Cointreau (or similar) and 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice to the serving glass and stir to combine.
- Add ice and pour ½ cup of chilled beer over top. Garnish with a lime wheel.